1. Take a vitamin D3 supplement. Vitamin D improves your immune function and acts as a powerful antimicrobial
2. Decrease sugar intake. Sugar decreases your immune function. Research has shown that 2-5 hrs after ingesting sugar (sucrose, glucose, fructose) it depresses the number of white blood cells that can kill germs by 50%. Sugar means candy, processed food, alcohol and soda
3. Rest. This is a powerful tool to use against germs and our modern day hustle and bustle would rather you didn't slow down, but take a pill to keep moving. Just slow down, sleep more- it's cheaper then the pills.
4. Exercise. This powerful potent drug😜 increases your immune system, decreases stress and helps improve sleep. Moderate exercise that is, not hardcore drop on the floor stuff.
5. Decrease stress- stress leads to lowered immune systems, which makes your body more susceptible for germs to attack.
Active Sitting or dynamic often refers to sitting on a ball or unstable surface. I'd like to redefine this term because I like my definition better. Active Sitting or Dynamic Sitting refers to movement variation while sitting. Active Sitting to me means to sit in several different postures at your desk during your work hours.
If you have a sit/stand desk even better, now you have even more postures to choose from.
Sitting for a long time is bad; here are a few reasons why:
1. Abdominal atrophy - this means your abs weakened and get smaller in size
2. Sustained postural overload on your spine. This decreases joint lubrication and spinal joint stiffness.
3. Circulation of blood and lymph decreases particularly in the lower extremities, thus contributing to leg complaints while sitting.
Why is Active Sitting/Sitting variations better
Loading your joints several different ways, all day long will have less of a negative impact on your body as a whole. You will be loading joints differently...
Initially, this title, at least to me seems silly; contentment in Motherhood? Being a Mother has given me so much contentment in my heart and soul. It is the greatest gift and most wonderful pleasure to raise a child and journey through life with them.
The hard part of finding contentment is all the other shit that gets in the way. Am I right? You know, like work, other relationships, bills, societal pressures, to do lists.
This is the hard stuff, managing day to day and finding inner contentment along the way.
We need to let ourselves off the hook, and let other Moms off the hook too. I mean let's drop a few stupid expectations that have been ingrained in us....
1. You must be perfect: Perfect life, perfect house, perfect car, perfect clothes, perfect body, perfect relationship, perfect kids.....I am getting bloody tired just listing it all.
I AM GOING TO LET YOU IN ON A SECRET.....YOU ALREADY ARE IMPERFECT PERFECTION, EXACTLY AS YOU ARE AND IT IS AMAZING!!