If your fitness goals require you to work harder this year than last and you are struggling to lose weight, then these goals might not be good for you.
Adrenal fatigue, anxiety, insomnia and busyness all go hand in hand. Adrenal fatigue is physical burnout at its finest. Your body is so overtaxed, its hormones have stopped working right. “You feel tired but wired. You crave sugar, similar to an addict. You grow a muffintop.” –Dr. Sara Gottfried
If this sounds like you...then take a look at the other symptoms from Gottfried’s list of Adrenal Fatigue:
* Anxiety, especially in stressful situations
* Emotional instability or excessive emotions
* Frequent screaming or yelling
* Confusion, difficulty with focus, under stress
* Poor resilience to stress – stress feels too much or unfair
Active Sitting or dynamic often refers to sitting on a ball or unstable surface. I'd like to redefine this term because I like my definition better. Active Sitting or Dynamic Sitting refers to movement variation while sitting. Active Sitting to me means to sit in several different postures at your desk during your work hours.
If you have a sit/stand desk even better, now you have even more postures to choose from.
Sitting for a long time is bad; here are a few reasons why:
1. Abdominal atrophy - this means your abs weakened and get smaller in size
2. Sustained postural overload on your spine. This decreases joint lubrication and spinal joint stiffness.
3. Circulation of blood and lymph decreases particularly in the lower extremities, thus contributing to leg complaints while sitting.
Why is Active Sitting/Sitting variations better
Loading your joints several different ways, all day long will have less of a negative impact on your body as a whole. You will be loading joints differently...